Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What a fucking mess!

Watching the clown show that has become the current political scene is more nauseatingly awful all the time. And, like clowns can be to kids, it is increasingly scary. That Rick Santorum (or Newt Gingrich, or Ron Paul) are considered serious candidates is just unbelievable. And the the best that the Republicans could come up with is Mittens is pretty pathetic.

I have to say that Obama's presidency has been majorly disappointing to me (remember closing Guantanamo? Single payer health care? etc., etc., etc. . . . .), as he has compromised to the radical fringes of the Republicans time and time again, with the compromises looking an awful lot like capitulation.

That being said, there appears to be no alternative on the horizon. Will Obama go "gangsta" in a second term, as Chris Rock has predicted? I don't know. Hell, I don't know if he has it in him to hold the moderate ground. But god help us all if Romney (or worse yet, Santorum) winds up in the Oval office.

Citizens United and their ilk are doing their best to ensure that America becomes an oligarchy, paid for by the only folks who are benefiting from the rigged pyramid scheme that masquerades as Capitalism. Free Market, my ass---it's goddamn expensive, and those in the 1% who are raking in their ill-gotten gains are utterly invested (pun intended) in seeing that power always flows upwards.

This is why I haven't been writing as much in this blog lately. It's freaking depressing, and I am not such what actions are available to the citizens of our country anymore. Maybe this is just a downer rant, but it is where I'm at today.

Anyone out there see something I'm missing?

No comments: