Friday, February 18, 2011

Solidarity with Wisconsin's Working People

I have to say that the scenes from Wisconsin of union workers standing up for their rights against a piggish Republican governor are utterly inspiring and affirming of everything that this country is supposed to stand for. I was an AFSCME shop Steward myself for over a decade through the 70s and 80s, and I know how hard the struggles of these workers has been. They are not asking for anything they don't already have---they are just demanding that which is promised to them already.

Paying for tax cuts for those who already have so much by stealing from the public servants who are the backbone of a free society is more than appalling---it is a CRIME! Governor Walker is a RAT, and I hope he gets the comeuppance he so richly deserves.

Stand strong Wisconsin workers! Your courage and perseverance is an inspiration to the rest of us.

No comments: