Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pat Robertson: Haiti?! I Thought They Said "Hades"


(Via The Borowitz Report)
VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) - Just hours after saying that God was punishing Haiti for making a "pact with the Devil," televangelist Pat Robertson retracted the statement, telling TV viewers, "Haiti? I thought they said ‘Hades.'"

Rev. Robertson said that he had heard the report of the earthquake on the radio and had misinterpreted its location: "For the life of me, I thought God was punishing Hades, which does in fact have a pact with the Devil."

Apologizing for his "goof," the televangelist told his TV audience, "Golly - people must've thought I was being an insensitive asshole."
(Seriously, people like Mr. Robertson and Mr. Limbaugh, who seem so quick to try to make political hay out of horrendous human suffering, should be told to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!)

No comments: