Thursday, August 13, 2009

Leggo my ego!

For the nearly two years I was out of work, I thought that I'd been given this chance to begin living the dream I've had for most of my life. I have been going to voice over school, gotten an agent, and begun auditioning like mad. Surely, this is a gift from the Universe to clear the decks for my big break, right?

Well, now that I've returned to work to keep my head above water (no mean feat in these days of unemployment, downsizing, and dozens of applicants for each job), I'm reassessing my thoughts a bit. Oh, I'm grateful to have work, and at a good job with nice people. But that niggling little ego voice at the back of my head wants to jump up and down and scream "You'll never make it! I knew it wasn't going to happen!"

Well, shucks and pshaw! I'm not going to stop heading down the path of realized dreams, nor am I getting off at the exit of lowered expectations. But, I'm having to dredge a little deeper in the energy pool to work and make the dream happen. And that dream is going to come.

And my ego can just kiss my ass.

No comments: