Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's still the friggin' birdhaus!

Yes, though there may be times when life seems overwhelming; when the challenges of jobs, relationships, current events, or finances seem just too much. At times like these I tend to blog a little less, feeling somehow unmotivated to share the darkness of my days with anyone else, least of all some relative strangers (or strange relatives) on the Internet.

Then it comes to me: this is the birdhaus after all!



Boomer recently went through a rather feisty stage, zooming down to attack me whenever I would enter the room where we keep the birds. He seems to have quieted down a bit, but he still has a lot of attitude, as you can see from these pictures.

He is quite the ham, and though he's around 14 or 15 years old, he has the chutzpa of a much younger bird. And he makes me laugh at times when there doesn't seem to be much to laugh about.

I am extremely grateful for the presence of all of our cockatiels in my life, but Boomer definitely has a special place in my heart. Please, don't tell the other birds!

No comments: