Friday, February 10, 2006

You mean, Bush is lying?

In what must qualify as the biggest nonsurprise of the week:
(Via Yahoo News):

Jack Abramoff said in correspondence made public on Thursday that President Bush met him "almost a dozen" times, disputing White House claims Bush did not know the former lobbyist at the center of a corruption scandal.

"The guy saw me in almost a dozen settings, and joked with me about a bunch of things, including details of my kids. Perhaps he has forgotten everything, who knows," Abramoff wrote in an e-mail to Kim Eisler, national editor for the Washingtonian magazine.

Abramoff added that Bush also once invited him to his Texas ranch.
It reminds me of the old saying about alcoholics: How can you tell if they are lying? If their lips are moving. It also reminds me there is no honor amoung theives---and liars.

(Via Think Progress):
HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST MEMORIES OF ANY POLITICIAN I HAVE EVER MET. IT WAS ONE IF [sic] HIS TRADEMARKS, THOUGH OF COURSE HE CAN’T RECALL THAT HE HAS A GREAT MEMORY

No comments: