Monday, February 13, 2006

A NOTE FROM JOHN FLANSBURGH OF THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

Everyone knows I love to relax: braiding the hair of my new Project Runway Barbie, adding story after story to my Sims dreamhouse, and changing channels constantly between reruns of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and the Senate NSA hearings on C-SPAN. Of course, I do enjoy surfing the net. In an idle moment I thought "What exactly were the albums Sony sent out with that virus-loving spyware encoded in them?" One short Google search later, I found a list of the couple of dozen releases. I know the bands weren't aware of the spyware, but looking at the titles I couldn't help but notice a ominous theme running through a third of the album titles -

The Coral, The Invisible Invasion (Columbia)
Acceptance, Phantoms (Columbia)
The Bad Plus, Suspicious Activity (Columbia)
Our Lady Peace, Healthy in Paranoid Times (Columbia)
Van Zant, Get Right with the Man (Columbia)
Switchfoot, Nothing is Sound (Columbia)
Natasha Bedingfield, Unwritten (Epic)
The Dead 60s, The Dead 60s (Epic)

Creepy, right? Well, back to my Sims...

No comments: