Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm Bushed!


I have been pretty political for the last group of posts, and I guess that's just a function of the amount of frustration and anger I feel about the state of our government right now. I've said it before, but everytime I think things are as bad as they can get, they get worse.

Are we all really that used to this that it is okay? Can it really be all right with most Americans, no matter what their political beliefs or how they vote, that they are being lied to, ripped off, and taken advantage of? I don't know what has happened, but it seems the principles which our country was founded on are being shredded, and people are pretty indifferent to it.

Will I watch the SOTU address? No, I find it to be far too rage producing an exercise lately. I'll read it afterwards, but El Presidente Bush is one of the worst speakers in my memory, and what he says only makes me pissed.

Do people somewhere really find this guy inspiring? Does his message of fear and empty platitudes really resonate with anyone? And if so, what the hell are they thinking?

Anyway, I feel that I need to look for hope and strength in some other areas. Maybe give the ranting a rest for a bit. Personally, I feel a lot of gratitude and joy in my life. And that is what I really feel strongly about. Our leaders have let us down, and that is a tragedy. Maybe changing my own attitude is a place to start the healing.

No comments: