Friday, December 30, 2005

Where does the birdhaus go in the coming year?

Well, 2005 is dwindling down to a few remaining hours, and I thought I'd take a moment to take stock of where I'm going with this bloggie thingie. I started it almost as a whim, and I am enjoying the chance to spew a bit across the "internets", as our fearless leader calls them. I really don't have a focus here, other than whatever strikes my fancy at any given moment, and the occasional picture of my birds.

Be that as it may, I am not a reporter, and I don't originate news stories. I point the way to other people's stories occasionally, as I like to indicate things which may not have caught your eye in the first place. I do tend towards being fairly opinionated, as I see my country traveling down some pretty dark roads, so that finds its way into these posts. And I love music, films, and other forms of art, so that finds its way here.

One of my dreams is to do some podcasting, posting some music mixes for the hell of it. I haven't been able to figure that out yet, but I hope I can in 2006. And being able to put my voice out there would be a real trip. I had a radio show back in the early 90s, and maybe I could post some snippets of that from some of the old tapes I have.

I also would love to expand a bit as far as having visitors to the birdhaus. It's odd that I've gotten as many people to check me out, having hits from all over the country, Canada, Australia, India, Germany, Brazil, and a few more far flung places. I have no idea how these folks found me, but there you are.

So we'll see how this baby goes. I know I don't post every day, though I try to be pretty regular. If you can visit back every now and then I am grateful. And I'll try and make it worth your while.

No comments: